[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content
[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content

Home of the Vincemus Fidelis Gaming Community [-VFG-]. We play Robocraft, Warframe, Star Conflict, and War Thunder as our primary games!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Modification!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

Forum Modification! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:57 pm

There are several options for forums that can be done at this point:

1) Ads removal
2) demain change(to something like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
3) forumotion copyright (the links at the very bottom of the forum)

I would encourage all users(not just community members), to pitch in their thoughts on this!

Please voice which options you find necessary, or would like to have, and for each option, give what URL you would like(extension options are: .com .net .org .biz )

And keep in mind, these options do cost, and Monarchco is not extensively full of money. Please contact Monarchco if you would like to contribute to forum improvement.

Last edited by Monarchco on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://staging.steamcommunity.com/groups/VFGGaming
MOXIS

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

1)Ads removal....? O.o I did not even know we had ads....
2)domain well...ima just pitch in 'vfgaming.net', its easily remembered and yeah idk, sounds nice.
3)for the links at bottom i suggest changing 'free forum support' for simply 'Support', 'contact' for 'contact us' and 'report an abuse' for 'Report Abuse', thats what most sites use.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:01 pm

I cant edit the bottom. it's all or none.
Back to top Go down
MOXIS

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Thats weird...well either way, i just thought of something thatd be cool for the applications page. Whenever someone is accepted, the application still err...stays there. Maybe you should modify the name of the thread with a big red ''accepted'' or ''rejected'' ya know...something. I keep rechecking ones that have been accepted or w.e.....yeah. Or an icon, anything that would say ''This one is done''.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Tedious and annoying..... but I'll think something up....
Back to top Go down
Idealist
Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 am

Or just locking the application, can be useful for declined so they'll not rage on the thread and those that are already accepted don't really need to have more comments about.
So the "older ones" that are locked will just go down and down ...
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:06 am

That huge add just below our own banner, at the top of our forum, would be nice to get rid of. And a name like "vfgaming.net" would also be nice.
Its easier to remember/type and visually looks better too.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I already lock declined threads. And I think I may keep up the ACCEPTED and DECLINED, but without any pending.

After all, the application should mostly be in the hands of the applicant. Not my job to ask people to go critique it, it's their job to get members to like them and comment on it.

And yes Textor, I'll look at the option for removing the ads for members (still visible to guests), however it'll be a bit since Forumotion does charge for these.
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:54 am

Do you know how much they´ll charge? i think it would be worth it.

My delicate vision (Razz) cant take those add´s. I am willing to pay for their removal, if it isnt too expensive.

Can you look at their prizes for me?
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:47 am

Removal for registered users for 1 year is 1000 credits(2000 credits for users and guests).
getting vfgaming.net for 1 year is 1600 credits.

1000 credits = 13.50 USD - 9.60 EUR
2000 credits = 24.40 USD - 17.30 EUR
3000 credits = 35.00 USD - 25.00 EUR

A "custom" amount of 2600(to get both members ads removal and domain) is 30.00 USD flat.

I get the feeling their current exchange rates are biased where EUR would be cheaper, but I haven't kept up with EUR>USD exchange rates recently. Might be dot on.

Let me know Textor, if you're overly eager and don't want to wait for me to get around to it, we can sort something out, through google wallet
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:34 am

Its alright mate. Im not that eager to have them removed. I can wait for the better deal Smile
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:35 am

Better deal being me paying for it... Razz
Back to top Go down
MOXIS

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 am

or you know....you could use an adblock, i have never seen the ad you speak of because i use one xD
Back to top Go down
Idealist
Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:38 am

Well, the ads aren't that intrusive, so it's not really a problem.
As for the USD-Euro thing :
75$ make 66€
75€ make 87$.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the 3000 credits, it's either 35$ or 25 Euro. However, 35$ translates to 30.90 Euro. So by all means Euro would be cheaper route(except that my bank charges exchange fees Q.Q )
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 am

i think its better for me to use $. In Denmark we always get the same exchange rate with euro´s, so i think i can save money, paying in dollars.
Back to top Go down
Idealist
Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 am

Actually ... There is something that bother me in this forum, a tiny little thing ...
Officers are blue, well, I don't dislike blue, but like this I've a bit of difficulties to see the name of peoples. (Or I must tilt my head a bit because actually my screen isn't perfectly at eyes' height)

Is it possible to change the color a little bit so it contrast a bit more with the Grey in background ?
Back to top Go down
BestBroseph
BestBroseph

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 am

i dont mind ads, as they bring in revenue, but it is an unsightly big fat banner at the top. if they could be moved thatd be okay. domain doesnt bother me at all, nice and easy to remember. links dont bother me really either. i could help with some new designs and such though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamawesome.com
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 pm

BestBroseph wrote:
i dont mind ads, as they bring in revenue, but it is an unsightly big fat banner at the top. if they could be moved thatd be okay. domain doesnt bother me at all, nice and easy to remember. links dont bother me really either. i could help with some new designs and such though.

strange, make sure you're logged in.

ads are disabled for members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Modification!   Forum Modification! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Modification!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[-VFG-] :: Public Section :: Off Topic-