[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content
[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content

Home of the Vincemus Fidelis Gaming Community [-VFG-]. We play Robocraft, Warframe, Star Conflict, and War Thunder as our primary games!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think of my....robo thingy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
electrodynamo
electrodynamo

what do you think of my....robo thingy Empty
PostSubject: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't copy or mimic other designs on this one, It isn't very maneuverable, but it can take some damage. However that damage will also easily immobilize it. I don't know how to fix this, but if the bot is still, and i press forward, it will pop a wheelie and depending on the terrain will do a U-turn and it doesn't turn easily on slopes. If you guys don't mind, I would like to hear your opinions on it, I am thinking about either enlongating the chassis and widening the base of the wheels out to add to stability and maybe turn the car into an f1, or just scrap it all together
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 9:20 am

I think your design is decent. If I am to suggest something, try to expand it in the length. It may make it steer better. I can see you are currently lvl 52, so maybe you should wait to you have more CPU. Other than that, you can always try to upgrade your armor blocks or your electroplates.
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 am

Is it an art-bot? The way it is shaped points the damage to the wheels, so that is a problem. It seems to be made mainly for battles that host a lot of Plasma/SMG Copters... I like the way you tucked the radar and truster together in the back. Really, how long do you last though? It won't take much T8 damage, but it is fast enough, it may equal out. Do you have any videos of how it is malfunctioning by the way? May be able to give more advice from seeing it in action.
Back to top Go down
electrodynamo
electrodynamo

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:26 am

lLIGHTNINGl wrote:
Is it an art-bot?  The way it is shaped points the damage to the wheels, so that is a problem.  It seems to be made mainly for battles that host a lot of Plasma/SMG Copters...  I like the way you tucked the radar and truster together in the back.  Really, how long do you last though?  It won't take much T8 damage, but it is fast enough, it may equal out.  Do you have any videos of how it is malfunctioning by the way?  May be able to give more advice from seeing it in action.

it's not an art bot, and i have scrapped the design, In a head on 1v1 battle, as long as they dont shoot off my weapons, i can normally beat them. Whether that is due to accuracy or luck, or armor, IDK. It normally is only good at flanking people in wide open areas, due to the short chassis it doesn't handle well over semi-rough terrain. I have an HD PVR 2 that i can use to record, but for some reason it only records the desktop screen and not the games, I can still get audio from the game however. I think it is because the resolution isn't supported? And as far as directing damage to certain spots, I have no idea how to do that, I build a chassis and add armor in spots I think will normally get shot at first.

I am currently working on a new project however for a rail walker (undecided on whether or not to add aerofoils to it, I've got plenty of thrusters for it to work)
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 pm

electrodynamo wrote:

it's not an art bot, and i have scrapped the design, In a head on 1v1 battle, as long as they dont shoot off my weapons, i can normally beat them. Whether that is due to accuracy or luck, or armor, IDK. It normally is only good at flanking people in wide open areas, due to the short chassis it doesn't handle well over semi-rough terrain. I have an HD PVR 2 that i can use to record, but for some reason it only records the desktop screen and not the games, I can still get audio from the game however. I think it is because the resolution isn't supported? And as far as directing damage to certain spots, I have no idea how to do that, I build a chassis and add armor in spots I think will normally get shot at first.

I am currently working on a new project however for a rail walker (undecided on whether or not to add aerofoils to it, I've got plenty of thrusters for it to work)

I actually have a nice T9 rail walker. Maybe I should send a picture up when you get yours done, you know, compare...
So, about recording, is that some kind of OBS? FRAPS are a good way to record as well, but it all depends if you want to livestream or not.
Back to top Go down
electrodynamo
electrodynamo

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:56 pm

lLIGHTNINGl wrote:

I actually have a nice T9 rail walker.  Maybe I should send a picture up when you get yours done, you know, compare...
So, about recording, is that some kind of OBS?  FRAPS are a good way to record as well, but it all depends if you want to livestream or not.

I set up bandicam for right now, as it is the only software that is actually recording games and not just desktop. I set up bandicam also as a response to textor86's challenge.

and i would love to see your t9 walker, I have made mine and uploaded a video onto my new youtube channel - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Okay, I will upload my robot and check ou your channel! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 pm

I would recommend Mirillis Action!

It supersedes everything else.
Better streaming than OBS
Better recording than Dxtory
And includes exporting, as well as automatic uploading.

Previously the best recording software was Dxtory(better than FRAPS, bandicam, etc, etc), up until Action! came out.

The only downside is its slightly pricy(it's on sale atm though, or at least it was):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do all my streams, and videos through it(as of recent). Most of my clan wars and WoT videos are from Dxtory(which ended up being lower quality, larger file size, and slower to encode).

Action! is very well set up, and very well optimised for whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
https://staging.steamcommunity.com/groups/VFGGaming
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:30 am

And thus I am showed up...
Well, now this is a saucy package! No, not you Monarchoo... That recorder you linked! Thanks!
Wink
Laughing
Just messing with you by the way Monarchoo. Very Happy Ahhh, you get that, right? Ahhh... *runs*
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:52 am

Say, do you still want a picture? I have a nice one here... Should I post it electrodynamo?
Back to top Go down
electrodynamo
electrodynamo

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 am

sure post the pic, any bit helps
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 pm

one sec, on the way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of my....robo thingy   what do you think of my....robo thingy Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you think of my....robo thingy
Page 1 of 1