[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content
[-VFG-]
Please log in to access Clan content

Home of the Vincemus Fidelis Gaming Community [-VFG-]. We play Robocraft, Warframe, Star Conflict, and War Thunder as our primary games!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How is my hover?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 pm

It has mediocre steering.
Just built that today along with my first TX-1 block on the nose.

Get rid of my 'APPLICANT' on the left.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Basedpotato on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Basedpotato wrote:

that is an automated forum group based off of the number of posts a user has made.

The only set(special) groups are: Admin, banned, officer
Back to top Go down
https://staging.steamcommunity.com/groups/VFGGaming
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Monarchco wrote:
Basedpotato wrote:

that is an automated forum group based off of the number of posts a user has made.

The only set(special) groups are: Admin, banned, officer
Okay. But what do you think of my new hover?
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:02 pm

had some computer issues so had to switch to my chromebook to view it while my computer reboots(weird hard drive queue bug).

and I'm trying to look at it.... and trying to look at it.... and its not loading....

Either comcast or my router... give me a few minutes... -.-
Back to top Go down
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Monarchco wrote:
had some computer issues so had to switch to my chromebook to view it while my computer reboots(weird hard drive queue bug).

and I'm trying to look at it.... and trying to look at it.... and its not loading....

Same thing happening here. -.-
Back to top Go down
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:20 pm

[quote="Basedpotato"]
Monarchco wrote:

Same thing happening here. -.-
I know I should be using my CPU to the limit, but I don't know what to waste use on it besides extra guns.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:23 pm

it seemed it was steam related. It works now for me.

Your hover looks fine. Hard to really critique anything just from a single external view. Only thing I can say, is you're less effective with SMG's under your bot, you'd be better off having them on the side, or a front mounted smg

Also, the top looks solid, so I would assume just from first chance that it sometimes flips over and doesn't auto-correct itself.
Back to top Go down
lLIGHTNINGl
lLIGHTNINGl

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:28 am

You have a lot of guns... It won't fire more than six, and for a craft this size, repetitive back-ups are less than useful. I would aim more on electroplates and making sure it won't flip. I can not see, what kind of truster do you have in it? It could make a great bullet. Do you have any triforceing or ejectorseat works going on inside?
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 am

Its a decent design. I am a fan of a wider hover chassis. in order to make spaced armor. How well does your design take damage from the sides? if you for example get flanked.
Back to top Go down
Monarchco
Admin
Admin
Monarchco

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 am

Textor86 wrote:
Its a decent design. I am a fan of a wider hover chassis. in order to make spaced armor. How well does your design take damage from the sides? if you for example get flanked.

I'm not sure about his, but personally my hovers are all designed to take center front damage, they're meant to rotate to face the threat.

And as far as the guns remark, 8 is the "optimal" amount of guns for most types statistically, but more can prove useful depending on playstyle, and specifically what the craft is meant to do(like tanking).
Back to top Go down
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Textor86 wrote:
Turn around, run back, turn a 1v2 into 2 1v1s.
It's meant to be 1v1 SMG/support.
Back to top Go down
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 1:02 pm

lLIGHTNINGl wrote:
You have a lot of guns...  It won't fire more than six, and for a craft this size, repetitive back-ups are less than useful.  I would aim more on electroplates and making sure it won't flip.  I can not see, what kind of truster do you have in it?  It could make a great bullet.  Do you have any triforceing or ejectorseat works going on inside?
T10 and T8 for steering. I have more than 6 because the back-ups are useful.
Back to top Go down
Basedpotato

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 1:05 pm

At least I don't have large sticks for gun mounts.
I poured ~1 mil RP into 100 T10 blocks.
I triforced before, only to find that I am making a shorter route for the damage to flow through. So then I gone back to block armor. Works great vs SMGs.
Back to top Go down
Textor86
Admin
Admin
Textor86

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 am

It does take time, to learn how to make decent triforce. You can exchange the cubes with inner´s. That will save some weight, but you still have the same connection points
Back to top Go down
dnlbou
dnlbou

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 am

Triforce should only be done in moderation, and the builds that require it the most are hit and runners. For tanks and frontliners you're better off with solid armor with specific triforce route to absorb anti-gunbrella. (50 to 80% of dmg spreading to mounting block)

You usually wan't a mass of 18 black block for mounting guns, that damage will go trough before entering important section of your craft. Triforce the seat too, lifesaver. Also, try exposing as few component (jammers, radars, thrusters etc etc) as possible outside of your ship as they will anti-gunbrell (lol) too.

Im using crafts theat relies on this principle and never looses a single hooverblade before being disarmed and 30-40%.

I'll try to make a guide about it someday, altough there are a lots on the inter-webs already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How is my hover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is my hover?   How is my hover? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is my hover?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[-VFG-] :: Public Section :: Off Topic-
Jump to: